Thursday 21 May 2015

Hannah Fox's Diary 16 - Guinea Pigs and Pop Stars

 

Came home last night to a surprise, Darren has only gone and bought a guinea pig for Amelia! It seems that’s what the two of them were planning last week. I can’t believe he has gone ahead without even discussing it with me ………..  and no doubt, at some stage I'll be the one looking after it when Amelia gets bored.

He said Amelia deserved a treat because she had done really well keeping her room tidy and helping around the house. I agree she has done what we asked of her but personally I think a treat is an outing to the cinema or a riding lesson not a pet that will need looking after for the next couple of years. Also I know she wanted a guinea pig as she reasoned that if she proved she could look after a pet she would be able to have her real goal, which is to have a dog, something I’m really putting my foot down about. I have nothing against dogs at all but I just don't want to take on anything else at the mo.

Darren then announced he would be away for 4 nights next week so it seems he won’t be getting too involved in feeding and cleaning out little Rita.


We've called the guinea pig Rita as she has long white hair and she does look a bit like Rita Ora.

To be honest she is very cute but it’s just another thing Darren squeezed in as if I wouldn't even notice.

I left them to move her into the garage as I think they guessed I wasn't too happy, I quickly knocked up a Guinea Pig Task Sheet to organise the feeding and cage cleaning. Amelia is a bit disappointed that her name is down for all the tasks!

I reminded Darren it was his Mother’s Birthday next week and he asked me to get her a card and her favourite perfume.

What is it with men?! It’s the only birthday card he actually buys except mine and he can’t even think to get it in advance. 


OK I know I'm in a grump and probably being unfair but.....aaaaargh!!!

I am really going to struggle next week because both the kids have outings and sleepovers arranged. I have resigned myself to being a taxi service. Darren and I were going to go out for a meal with Katie and Shaun but I guess he has forgotten that.

Mum phoned and offered to help while Darren was away……but to be honest it would be easier if I just get on with things myself. Why do people wait until you are on your knees before they offer help?  And why does everything have to be so complicated?

Oh and no news from the work well-being survey- how surprising!

Well-being
Stress is starting to build up again

Work
Had another conversation with Kitchen Yard about supplying more POS material and I have been mentioned in dispatches. A feather in my cap.

Social
What social life?  I have a feeling me and Rita will be enjoying some evenings in together!

Family
Mum is a bit off with me because I refused her help.


Hannah Fox is a character.  She is based on our years of experience working for a national mental health charity supporting people facing stress in the workplace.  The names and characters are not based on any one person and all similarities are purely incidental.  However, hopefully we can all see a little bit of ourselves in Hannah.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...