Thursday 26 March 2015

Hannah Fox's Diary 10 - What are my work issues?



Phoned Jo to make the arrangements for next week’s night out, and she asked me how things were going. The diary has turned out to be a great idea….. it’s given me the chance to focus not only on the problems at work but the good stuff with Darren and the kids as well. When I said work was “fine” Jo said that probably means I still had some things to sort out so suggested I just quickly wrote down where I saw myself at the moment. 

Sigh …..more writing.

I’ve made a list of my issues at work which are-

  • I’ve negotiated these reduced hours but from my point of view it’s not really working, because I’m still trying to do a full time job in fewer hours. I don’t think Clive understands the difference between P/T and compressed hours!
  • Clipboard Clive keeps saying that Louise is there to help, but if I’m being honest I would prefer to do things myself then there is less risk that I will have to do it all over again when she makes a mistake.  Besides Louise’s title is Business Analyst and I would have thought that she would have more than enough to do without constantly being asked to help me.
  • I’ve spent years building up relationships with the clients and I’m not happy about some-one else edging in on that relationship. In fact I feel that’s my USP- when a client rings up they get to talk instantly with someone who they have worked with before, that used to mean a lot when I first started working here but doesn’t seem important now.

Think I’m beginning to sound insecure.

My plan is to keep this to myself until I have the right opportunity to present my thoughts in a ‘positive’ way. I will start after Easter……...or is that procrastination?

Work
Right -stick to my guns and be more assertive.

Family
Amelia and Marcus are planning more family outings –hope it’s a bit less challenging. Off to visit Mum at Easter.

Social
Looking forward to going out with Jo and friends.

Well-being
Stopped aching and still drinking the green tea-feeling quite virtuous.



Hannah Fox is a character.  She is based on our years of experience working for a national mental health charity supporting people facing stress in the workplace.  
The names and characters are not based on any one person and all similarities are purely incidental.
However, hopefully we can all see a little bit of ourselves in Hannah.

Pause for thought:
As a Part Time worker are you ever valued as much as a Full Time worker no matter what you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...