Thursday 14 May 2015

Hannah Fox's Diary 15 - The Wellbeing Survey

 

Just realised I have spent the last week ruminating about Clive and his little jaunt to the Kitchen Yard promo event. Probably made worse because when they phoned me the other day, once again they said how disappointed they were that I couldn't make the event and “it would have been nice to be able to put a face to the voice as it makes for a much better working relationship don’t you think?”.

Yes I blinking well do actually!

Clive is obviously oblivious to how annoyed I'm feeling and hasn't picked up that I am being a bit off with him. He is however, chasing everyone up about completing the company Wellbeing Survey……I did have a quick try last week but didn't get very far because despite it only supposedly taking 10 minutes to complete I was there for 30 minutes while it kept freezing. Pressing refresh did nothing so I abandoned it and got back to WORK!
I think my well-being would be improved vastly if Graeme sorted out glitches in IT instead of creating ‘Vindaloo Gate’ every lunch time!  Oh dear, that's unfair and I know it, I just don't know what's got into me today! OK and breathe!  To be fair I suspect the problems with the survey may be more to do with Maxisales choosing the cheapest survey option just so they can put a tick in the staff well-being box rather than being  anything to do with Graeme.   He sorted out the networking problem very quickly this week and several other things which I suspect don't really fall within his remit.

Just how many e-mails does Clive really need to send to remind everyone to complete this survey? I can’t believe he actually said we all needed to complete it as,


 “Our staff is our greatest asset”. I mean talk about clichés!

(Jo says when you hear that it means there are going to be redundancies).Besides which I have done these surveys before and you never get the results back and nothing is changed because of them.

Work
Feeling much better now I have had my rant- although I suppose having a rant to yourself is not going to change much. I am definitely going to have that meeting with Clive.

Well-being
Feeling healthier as I have kept up the exercise –and not a survey in sight!

Social
The school social evening turned out to be a great laugh- we won a meal for 4 at the new pub that’s opened by the cinema.

Family
Darren has managed to get home on time every night this week and seems to be planning something with Amelia - maybe it’s another day out after the success of our last one.

Hannah Fox is a character.  She is based on our years of experience working for a national mental health charity supporting people facing stress in the workplace.  
The names and characters are not based on any one person and all similarities are purely incidental.
However, hopefully we can all see a little bit of ourselves in Hannah.

Point to Ponder:
Ruminating over a problem is like sitting in a rocking chair –plenty of effort going backwards and forwards but you never actually go anywhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...