Thursday 12 March 2015

Hannah Fox's Diary 8 - Spring Has Sprung






Just noticed what a difference the lighter mornings are making, the sky as I drove into work was beautiful and for once Amelia and Marcus managed to get ready for school without an argument! Result!

It’s feeling warmer, daffs are popping up everywhere and the trees are in bud.

I seem to have got over that awful chesty cold and have decided to give my diet a bit of an overhaul.  I caught up with Mum and she suggested just do some healthy eating and cut down on sugary stuff. She sent some green tea over and I have been drinking it at work instead of coffee. …….it tasted pretty revolting at first but 5 days in and I am starting to quite like it- well as long as I can still have my skinny latte from the cafĂ© which, I have just heard is closing. Clipboard Clive has come up with the idea of putting a microwave in the coffee break area so we can heat up soup for lunch ……

I don’t feel as headachy and I seem to be sleeping a bit better, at least I don’t remember lying awake at night as much thinking about things.

OMG I may have to admit my Mum was right ………..better not encourage her too much or she will be on the case with all her other “alternative remedies”.

MEMO: bake cakes for the Comic Relief cake sale at school.

It’s ages since I made cakes with Amelia – that used to be something we really liked doing together, that’s another thing that’s dropped by the wayside that we can start doing again.

Work:
Well now I’m feeling better I can see a light at the end of the tunnel as far as all that extra stuff Clive gave me to do. But I can’t carry on absorbing extra work all the time.

Family:
Darren and the kids are being very secretive and can’t help thinking they are up to something.

Social:
Texted Jo and suggested a catch up soon.

Well-being:
Not bad at all!





Hannah Fox is a character.  She is based on our years of experience working for a national mental health charity supporting people facing stress in the workplace.  
The names and characters are not based on any one person and all similarities are purely incidental.
However, hopefully we can all see a little bit of ourselves in Hannah.


Pause for thought:
Have you stopped doing something you used to really enjoy doing because you're just too busy?  Could you make time to start doing it again?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...